Fall Protection Course ( 8 hour’s ), recognized by BCCSA (British Columbia Construction Safety Alliance)
This Fall Protection course is approximately 7 hours in duration and aligned with Provincial Legislation. This course includes an instructor-led PowerPoint presentation, practical exercises, class discussions, videos, written knowledge tests, and practical exams. Participants gain the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and avoid hazards associated with elevated work locations.
Note: Fall Protection course is recognized by BCCSA (British Columbia Construction Safety Alliance).
The certificate will be issued to students who complete the exam with a 70 % or higher and perform all of the procedures demonstrated during the duration of the course.
Your registration is considered “pending” until payment is received or guaranteed by a company. Until this happens, you do not have a spot in the course. We do accept Visa and M/C over the telephone or you can come into our office and pay cash or debit.
The learning objectives of this Fall Protection course are to ensure that students demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- The Fall Protection Standard requirements
- Legislation as it relates to Fall Protection
- Fall Restraint versus Fall Arrest
- Types of Falls and Effects
- Fall Protection Planning
- The Training and Competency requirements
- Rescue and Escape Planning
- Recognition, Evaluation, and Control of hazards
- Completing a Hazard Assessment
- Fall Arrest Calculations
- Proper Donning and Doffing of Fall Protection Equipment
3 years, Recognized Canada-wide.
Fall Protection Awareness 4 Hour Course and Fall Protection 8 Hour Course are offered by Mainland Safety. Below are links for Fall protection training courses details.