FoodSafe Level 1 in Coquitlam
FOODSAFE Level 1 is a food handling, sanitation and work safety course designed for front line food service workers such as cooks, servers, bussers, dishwashers, and deli workers. The course covers important food safety and worker safety information including food borne illness, receiving and storing food, preparing food, serving food, cleaning and sanitizing. The BC Health Act: Food Premises Regulation states that every operator of a food service establishment, and at least one employee on every shift, must hold a FOODSAFE Level 1 certificate, or certificate from a course recognized as equivalent to FOODSAFE. FOODSAFE Level 1 is delivered as an eight hour face-to-face class.
Level 1 Workbooks FOODSAFE Level 1 workbooks are available in English, French, Chinese, Korean and Punjabi.
- Emphasize on food safety in the workplaces which deal with food preparation and serving
- Encourage prevention of foodborne illness
- Protect the public and workers from harm
- Apply safe procedures for receiving, storing, preparing and presenting food
- Reduce common errors in handling potentially hazardous foods
- Create an awareness of the Top Six job hazards and techniques for reducing risk of injury and illness
- Students must achieve 70% or more on the written multiple-choice examination. Upon successful completion, students will be issued a FoodSafe Level 1 certificate. This certification expires after 5 years.
What time is the class?
The class runs from 9am to 5pm. Please be at least 15 minutes early as the class begins promptly at 9am
Where can I park?
Parking is only allowed up against the fence directly across from the Greek Islands Restaurant.
When will I receive my certificate?
Upon the successful completion of your class you will receive a temporary certificate on the class date.
Is my temporary certificate valid?
Yes, your temporary certificate is valid for up to 3 months.
When will I receive my wall and wallet certificate?
Your certificate will arrive approximately 9-11 weeks from your class date. Mainland Safety receives them from Fraser Health and mails them out to all the students as soon as they receive them.